Accessories: Little Things That Really Work
Accessories can help keep you healthy, happy and safe. These are the little things that can help make your running and walking experiences more enjoyable, help keep you injury-free and help with improved performance.
We’re all individuals with different needs and goals. What works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another. Sometimes you don’t really know what works and what doesn’t work until you try it. This list will shed some light on options you may not have thought about. Best of all, you can find them all here at GFR!
Common Accessories found at Gallagher Fitness Resources
- Anti-Chafing products protect from blisters and hot spots.
- Anti-Blister pads, bandages and dressings protect healing blisters or prevent them before they happen.
- AquaJogger is a water belt designed to allow for impact-free exercise in the pool.
- Compression gear reduces fatigue through decreased muscle vibration, increases circulation and improves oxygenated blood flow by accelerating venous return for faster recovery and reduces long-term overuse injuries.
- Fuel products keep the body properly energized and hydrated during workouts. Electrolytes, carbohydrates and protein are all valuable nutrients that can be used before, during and after exercise.
- Gloves are important when the temperature drops, so stay covered and be protected from the elements.
- Hats are useful for warmth and protection from moisture as well as shielding the eyes and skin from the sun.
- Hydration belts and handheld water-bottles allow you to bring much-needed water or electrolyte drinks on the go.
- Hydroflask is a double wall vacuum insulated stainless steel bottle that maintains hot and cold temperatures.
- Inserts such as orthotics can provide support and cushioning in addition to what the shoes already have.
- KT Tape is used for pain relief and support, injury prevention and faster recovery.
- Massage Tools loosen tension and increase elasticity, helping to prevent and treat injuries, as well as helping muscles work more efficiently for improved performance. Self myofascial release is an alternative or enhancement to deep tissue massage.
- Music Carriers worn on your arm or on your waistband are touch screen compatible and come in a variety of sizes.
- Pepper Spray repels angry animals… and people.
- Reflective gear and flashing lights allow you to be seen in darker conditions. Be seen – be safe.
- Shoe bags are handy smaller bags for your dirty or wet shoes or gear, fitting nicely in a locker or larger bag.
- Smart ID lets you take important personal information with you in case of emergency.
- Socks made of technical fabrics help wick moisture and prevent blistering. Cotton is not recommended!
- Sport-Wash gets the stink out of technical fabrics and doesn’t leave behind a residue.
- Sunglasses protect your eyes from the sun as well as wind and rain.
- Sweaty Bands keep your hair out of the way and come in a variety of styles and colors. Better yet, they don’t slip!
- Watches track your workout’s duration. Some also monitor heart rate or track pace and distance with GPS or an accelerometer foot pod. Calorie counters and interval timers for run/walk alerts are also available.
Check out some of the Accessories sold at Gallagher Fitness Resources
View Accessories through our online store link. Look under Categories and Sub-Categories!